1. Backstreet Boys received their very first Triple Platinum
award thanks to their loyal fans in Canada- especially in the lovely city of Montreal.
2. Backstreet Boys won the 1996 Select Award from MTV Europe, beating out such tough competition as Spice Girls,
Oasis, Jamiroquai, and Boyzone.
3. The Backstreet Boys are named after Orlando, Florida's pen-air shopper's paradise, the Backstreet Market.
4. Nick and Brian usually share a hotel room when they are on the road.
5. A.J. still doesn't have his drivers license! He' been touring so much he hasn't had time to go and take the written test again.
6. Kevin takes an envelope filled with pictures of his family when he goes on the road.
7. In March, A.J. sprained his ankle when he was caught in a
crush of fans at Musique Plus, Montreal's own version of MTV. He managed to perform that night and later allowed a
Montreal radio station to auction off the cast for charity.
8. Whenever they are in a foreign city, Howie and Kevin like to try the local food, while Nick, Brian and A.J. search out the closest McDonalds'.
9. According to an informal poll of the Boys, Brian keeps his room the messiest, while Howie is Mr. Neat.
10. Who's the most likely to loose his luggage on a trip to
Europe? Backstreet Boys' survey says Howie, who has on any occasions, arrived at his destination with only the
clothes on his back.
11. Nick is most definitely the prankster of the group. "I like to do anything I can think of to those guys," he says with a mischievous grin.
12. What's the most evil prank Nicky has ever pulled? He thinks it was the time he gave their manager Donna Wright gum which tasted like fish. (EW!)
13. The two Backstreet Boys who are most likely to get into a friendly argument are Kevin and Nick.
14. Howie is most likely to find a peaceful solution for the argument. "He's Mr. Mediator," says A.J.
15. The biggest flirt award goes to A.J.! "I like girls, I'm not gonna say I don't," he says. But, he also says he's the
most likely to serenade a special someone with a song.
16. The guys all say that Brian is the most shy of the group.
17. Everyone also thinks that Brian is the Backstreet Boy most likely to get married first.
18. Part of the Backstreet Boys debut album was recorded at
Platinum Post studios in Altamonte, Florida.
19. The Boys unanimously agree that they'd love to harmonize
with Boys II Men.
20. Howie has been known to set up double dates for himself
and his sister Pollyanna. (Aw! Ain't that sweet?)
21. Brian is the Backstreet Boy most likely to go to church on Sunday.
22. A.J. admits that he spends a large portion of his life at home on the phone.
23. Howie loves to go out clubbing.
24. Nick likes to draw comic book characters.
25. Shhh! Don't tell a soul, but when Howie doesn't want to be recognized, he wears a baseball cap!
26. A.J. claims that he still gets nervous before starting every new song in concert.
27. Howie never goes to bed without doing his push ups and
28. On their current tour, Kevin plays keyboards, Nick plays
drums, and A.J. is thumping on the bass guitar.
29. A.J. is rarely seen without his sunglasses. (Ain't that true)
30. Nick is a licensed scuba diver and loves driving his family's boat on the gulf of Mexico.
31. Howie runs around video taping everything and everybody
when they are on tour.
32. Backstreet Boys have been banned from three hotels in
Europe because their fans have gotten so out of control. (WOW)
33. A.J. carries a travel diary with him on tour, although he rarely writes in it.
34. Nicks favorite cars are Cameros and Stingrays.
35. Kevin's secret nicknames are Boo and Pumpkin.
36. When he's home, Brian sleeps in his king sized waterbed
which he bought for $50.
37. Howie admits that he's something of a perfectionist.
38. In his pre-Backstreet Boys days, Kevin worked at Disney
MGM Studios playing Aladdin.
39. When you hear someone hitting those amazing high notes
in a Backstreet Boys song, that's Howie.
40. Their debut album Backstreet Boys, was released in Europe on May 5, 1996.
41. A.J. admits that he's the biggest worry-wart of the group.
42. Nick started playing the drums when he was 14.
43. Halloween is Nick's favorite holiday.
44. Kevin hates people who are arrogant.
45. A.J. collects hats.
46. Last Fall, Nick's dad had to put a fence around the family's house to keep Backstreet Boys' fans from taking clumps of grass or picking flowers as souvenirs.
47. Kevin would love to star in a movie one day.
48. Half-Irish, half-Puerto Rican Howie doesn't speak Spanish at home, he learned it in school.
49. Brian's worst habit is biting his nails.
50. Nick says that he would definitely date a fan.
51. Here's some more lil' facts about the world's best boy group
52. In the time between the end of the Backstreet Boys' last tour, several of them bought new cars.
53. Howie's stage name from his early auditions was Tony Donetti.
54. Nick was offered a part on Disney's the Mickey Mouse Club but turned it down to be a Backstreet Boy.
55. The Backstreet Boys and N Sync, along with some other artists played a charity basketball game in Europe. Nick, Brian, Kevin, Howie, and N Sync's Lance were on the team called the Vipers, and N Sync's JC, Chris, Joey, Justin, and BSB's AJ were on the team called the Flyers.
56. AJ has 10 tattoos all together now.
57. Britney Spears and AJ use to live in the same apartment complex when AJ and the Backstreet Boys were in the process of getting together.
58. The sleepiest member of BSB is considered to be Kevin because he sleeps in a lot.
59. Kevin's favorite Backstreet Boys are Brian and AJ because Brian is his cousin and they are close, and AJ because Kevin is proud of how much he's grown.
60. AJ's favorite Backstreet Boy is Howie because they've known each other for a long time.
61. Nick and AJ are considered the slobs of the group.
62. AJ is usually the one in the group who is always borrowing money from everyone. But Kevin is usually the one who doesn't have the right currency for that country.
63. Brian's worst habit it biting his nails
64. Tatyana Ali has been opening for the Backstreet Boys' latest European tour. Next up, LFO (Lyte Funkie Ones) will be opening for the Backstreet Boys.
65. "Larger Than Life" costed $2.1 million dollars. It was at #5 on the "The Top 20 Expensive Video." Michael Jackson's "Scream" was at #1 that it costesd $7 million.
66. The BSB are the highest paying music artists. They were paid $60 million dollars. I do belive they diserve it with all of their hard work!